Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Idea Index : Breakfast Nooks

My kitchen is way overdue for  a renovation. We knew this when we bought the house a year ago, we just haven't had a moment to start thinking about it. It's a gaudy avocado green colour with beige (yes, beige) cabinets. The house was architecturally designed in 1972 & still has the original kitchen & bathroom. I am all for retro design, but it is officially time to retire this one.

Of course, I am completely overwhelmed with all the online inspiration. There are just so many pretty kitchens & so many amazing ideas. We can't even decide on a colour, let alone fixtures. One thing I am completely set  & decided on is a breakfast nook. I've always wanted one when I grow up.


Aren't they lovely? I see lazy Sunday mornings, big breakfasts & reading the newspapers. Perfect. What is the one thing you are determined to have in your dream kitchen? 


2 comments:

and flowers pick themselves said...

i'm digging these lovely spaces! thanks for sharing :)

xo Alison

suzette said...

good coffee!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...